It is very important to think about layout while designing your kitchen , where to place your sink, stove , fridge to make it a functional space. In the modern perspective it so called as working triangle.
No leg of the triangle should be less than4 feet (1.2 m)or more than9 feet (2.7 m).
The sum of all three sides of the triangle should be between13 feet (4.0 m)and26 feet (7.9 m).
Cabinets or other obstacles should not intersect any leg of the triangle by more than 12 inches (30 cm).
If possible, there should be no major traffic flow through the triangle.
A full-height obstacle, such as a tall cabinet, should not come between any two points of the triangle.
2.Chairs which will keep floor space free.
3.Leave the upper walls clear for hanging utensils.
4.Manage Kitchen Cabinets and Drawers
5. Provide drawers and cabinets in kitchen to place different articles in proper way.
6.Fix high level cabinets to store kitchen articles which are occasionally used.
Use Appropriate Sinks
7. Fix corner sinks to make the most of space usable that would otherwise go to waste for the Sink is the most basic and essential for kitchen.
8. Fix steel grating on the sink with a gap of 2-3 feet used for wet utensils to save the space. Usually people have two sinks; one for washing utensils and the other for clean, wet utensils or they have the sink with drainage board which takes extra space.
Basic Tips for Small Kitchen
9. Provide acrylic sheet or marble stone corner under the open space available in the kitchen to store the detergents etc. used for cleaning utensils.
10. Keep a ridge up on the top of your stove to put small items such as your spices and tiny objects that usually hang about on your counter.
Place a pot shelf up to carry bigger items like cutting boards, pans, vessels, skillets, and other grave items to keep them away until you require to need them.
Make sure that work top and sink levels are adjusted to suit your height; it will be comfortable.
Keep the shelves clean and streamlined avoiding unnecessary decoration more often associated with old fashion and country style.
11. Kitchen Flooring
Use ceramic tiles for walls and marble for floors so that the kitchen may be clean in a short time and is available for use as per requirements.
Keep Electrical Appliance at Proper Level
Keep refrigerator at a level which is comfortable for handling food stuff